"Original" 106 and Park on DVD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jonathan F., Dec 2, 2005.

1. Jonathan F.

Jonathan F. Auditioning

This discussion is about how BET needs to consider bringing the episodes of its highly-rated show, 106 and Park, to DVD. I'm talking about those early 2000's when the original hosts AJ and Free were on the show because i know all the fans still really miss them. Now I'm not saying that Tigger and Julissa are bad because they are really good hosts and have been getting a lot of love throughout their days hosting the show together but I want to see how 106 and Park was like in the beginning. I want to see the original flava AJ and Free gave, the way hip-hop and r&b was back then, etc. And the only way i can get access to that is if DVD releases are made that holds the history of 106 and Park from the very beginning to the time when AJ and Free announced their departure from the show as its hosts. If you are a member of this site and agree with me, please don't hesitate to express your opinion on this.

2. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

You do realize that Paramount (I assume it would be a Paramount release since BET is a Viacom-owned network) would spend months/years/decades trying to get clearance for all of the music, don't you? I doubt it would ever happen. Quite frankly, I don't think sales of a collection like this would come close to breaking even on the huge sum of money that would be speant obtaining the rights to the music and/or videos.

AJ is lame, but I wouldn't mind a "Best of Free" collection. [​IMG] It's a shame they let her go.

3. Jason Adams

Jason Adams Supporting Actor

Roger Jason Adams
    Yeah, I would buy it if it consisted of two hours of Free from behind in slow motion. [​IMG]