Ordering Toshiba 57H82 today. ??'s on viewing distance?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Shelly, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Chris Shelly

Chris Shelly Second Unit

Today I will be ordering my Toshiba 57H82 from OneCall [​IMG] .
    Before I order I would like to get some real world opinions on this size of screen. I am planning for the future so I decided to go large. I will be sitting about 7' away from this TV. I have the option of going out as far back as 9'. I checked a viewing distance calculator and the maximum distance it recomended was 7'. With my old Sony 46" set I sat as close as 5' without any problems. The resolution is not nearly as good as the new set. At a local store I watched 45 minutes of Lord of the Rings at 5' and was not bothered by it. Do you think I will be okay or do you think I am crazy? Basicly I am putting a 57" set in a converted 12' x 13' give or take bedroom.
    I am really excited. Hopefully I will get it before Friday so I can watch Spider-man [​IMG]
    Chris

2. Scott Foster

Scott Foster Auditioning

Chris, for $200 more get the 57HDX82!

3. Kyle

Kyle Stunt Coordinator

I got my 57hdx82 for 2429.10 from one call delivered today. It was only a few bucks more and I got the dvi port and etc. I think in the long run it will be worth it. Your viewing area should be fine. I am sitting 9-10 feet back and it looks good out of the box.