What's new

Ordering Online Good Deal in Canada? (1 Viewer)

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
I have read a lot of good reviews regarding the Rocket speakers. I had been thinking about maybe Paridgm Studio 20 or 40s. I think I saw the 20s (might have been 40s but think it was 20s) for 799 Canadian (you could get 10% off probably so around 700 street price + 15% HST r 805 out the door.

A set of RS 250s would come to $1300 canadian with shipping and excahnge rate. Am I comapring comparable speakers and if so I guess online purchase just won't make sense for me in Canada because the huge shipping charges and exchange rate make any possible online savings dissapear. Am i way off base here?

MarcVH

Second Unit
No, you're not. You darn Canadians get all the luck, what with your cheap speakers and prescription medicines. Too bad no Canadian company makes the equivalent of an SVS.

James Slade

Second Unit
Jamie,

I am not sure where you are in Nova Scotia, I'm from there, now living in Toronto. I have had very good dealings with Peak Audio in Halifax. You can go and audition Paradigms there as long as you want and their prices I've gotten there were as good as any I've read about on these forums.

I dealt with a good salesman there on a number of occasions. His name was Bruce. He might remember me. I was only about 22 at the time and was an engineering student (he is an engineer) so that would help him remember. I bought Rosenut Studio 100's, monitor 3, mini monitor, ps-1200 and a Denon avr-3300. My name is Chris. Anyway I am telling you all of this because if you are interested in Paradigm, a trip to Peak should be on your mind.

Also you should get a little more than 10%

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks