What's new

Ordering info in The Final Countdown (1 Viewer)

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I just ordered mine. A little pricey but I love the movie.

From Digital Bits:

We'll be back with that review this afternoon, but I wanted to jump in here with a Final Countdown update. We have no idea whether the disc will be available in stores on January 15th, but you can indeed pre-order it directly from Pacific Family Entertainment at the following number: 1-800-804-8009. The DVD is $19.95, plus $4.50 for shipping (UPS Ground). I'm told the disc will be shipped on or about the 15th.

Frank,

I guess they didn't volunteer any info about the dvd did they?

I think I will wait until something about specs is released also.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jim

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I also would like to have a perfect disc done right (anamorphic, 5.1, lots of suppliments etc). But ya know... when it's the only game in town and you like the movie, it may be the only way to ever own it.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
This reminds me of the situation when the 1974 original of Gone in 60 seconds was released. That disc was hard to track down at first as well, it did not seem to be distributed by any of the regulars.

Larry Bevil

Second Unit
I recall hearing some time ago when it was first pointed out that PFE had the rights to this movie and planned to release it to DVD that it would be widescreen. Don't remember if they said anamorphic or not and do not recall the sound mix. A widescreen version would be better than the pan and scam version I have on laserdisc. So, I've ordered the dvd.;)

Fred_C

Agent
I just find it a bit strange that on the PFE website it says the following:

"PFE will be releasing this feature film on DVD and VHS within the next few months at the price of $19.95 (DVD) and $14.95 (VHS), plus tax and shipping and handling. Presale orders (only!) can be placed by calling toll free: 800-804-8009 (within the U.S.) or 714-736-7279 (outside the U.S.)."

Even they don't say it will be available on Jan.15th.

Strange!!

I've waited this long, I can wait a few more weeks and see if in fact it does get released.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
When I ordered it the lady told me it should ship to me on Janurary 15th or 16th. I am thinking they are planning on releasing it on January 15th (I assume 2002).

Larry Bevil

Second Unit
For info, I copied a posting from The Digital Bits back in December. It reads:
"Finally today, we've got some good news for you Final Countdown fans. Word is that the DVD we mentioned earlier will include anamorphic widescreen video mastered from "an original 35mm print", Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, the theatrical trailer, production stills, a limited "behind the scenes" section and actor bios. The film will also be the "uncut 114-minute version". Thanks to Jonathan for the heads up"
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks