What's new

Ordering from Japan - Help! (1 Viewer)

Frederic_A

Stunt Coordinator
Strange. I just received my reply from CD Japan, and apparently, not a single one of the titles I'm interested in is anamorphic!
Here's what I mailed them:
I find it hard to believe, but since the series is well known in Japan and they are selling them, I guess they must know what they're talking about? :confused:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I'm guessing their translator may not be familiar with the term. In Japan it's better known as "squeeze"
Still waiting to hear back from someone who has them.
EDIT: Here's a review from Anime on DVD.com that's under the wrong title. Even if it is 1.33:1, you're not losing anything would be my guess, though I think it's 1.66:1
http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/d...views/1041.php
That's for Farewell Space Battleship Yamato: Soldiers of Love

jeroen

Agent
Only the first one is 4:3, the other two are 16:9 enhanced.
bcba-251:
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
bcba-253:
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
bcba-254
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Thanks jeroen :)
I was pretty sure, but my friend still hasn't gotten back to me ;) Guess that solves that one ;)
I take it you have the discs?

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Ok...

Maybe I am blind... but where is there a key to view the AMAZON JP site in english???

I can only find an english key on the BASKET page.

Dugger

Frederic_A

Stunt Coordinator
Many thanks to Jeroen and Jeff for clearing that up for me! Looks like I will be giving Japanese import a shot. :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Fredrich, you may be interested in this

Regular contributor and friend, Yukio Suzuki (The Dead Shot Club) recently attended the WPC2002 Computer show at the Tokyo International Exhibit Hall. There, Space Battleship Yamato creator/director (daft punk anime videos director) Reiji Matsumoto was present for the unveiling of Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3: Battle For Europe for which he a had a developement role. Mr. Matsumoto was responsible for the illustration of the poster of the game and later signed game T-shirts. Yukio mentions the design of the T-shirt is the same illustration as the poster. The signiture of Matsumoto is from a white marker. Since dye did not come out easily at first, the character of a sign has a thin color.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
From your wording on the Yamato TV it sounds like AnimEigo are looking at it. It would be nice if someone had the sense to license all of Matsumoto's work over here. Still hoping for GE999 and Harlock TV.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, while they may be looking at it, it doesn't mean they have it or can get it unfortunately :frowning:

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

There were two different theatrical releases of Final Yamato with two different aspect ratios. There were also some other minor differences between the two versions (other than the aspect ratio). The version on the DVD is the wider 70mm version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks