ordering from Amazon

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith_R, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    A couple days ago (July 5) I ordered a CD from Amazon.com. The CD just got released today.The thing is that the order has even shipped to me yet and according to Amazon they are still processing it. I picked standard shipping and paid by credit card. This was my first time doing so in my own clumsy way the thing I'm asking is does it normally take this long to process an order placed over the internet? and could it be possible that the order will get sent to me shortly now that the CD is released? BTW I checked just before posting this and the order is still being processed.

2. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

If the CD was released today, how much of a delay have you suffered so far?

The most likely scenario is that the CD is in stock and they will ship today. It may take a while for them to update their website to update the status of your order. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they shipped it today, but they didn't update your status until tomorrow. Also depending on where they're shipping from, it might only be 9:00 in the morning right now.

3. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I think the order status is only re-indexed a couple of times a day. Assuming there was no problem with your CC, I'd be willing to bet that the CD ships today.

4. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Whenever I've preordered stuff from Amazon it usually ships the day of release or the day after. I don't think I've ever seen them ship early so you have it in your hands on the release day.