What's new

Ordering from Amazon Canada? (1 Viewer)

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator
How does it work if I order from Amazon Canada as far as the exhange rate goes. If it says 48.00 Candian and I order from the US..when they charge my card do they charge the $48.00 or adjust it to US dollars?..
thanks for any help!!!

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Why are you ordering something from Amazon Canada if you're in the US?

As for your question, no idea, never ordered from their C site, just the US one.

Mike

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Scott:

Depending on your bank, your credit card statement should likely display the following: the total (in CDN funds), the exchange rate (on the date your order was entered), a processing fee applied by your financial institution (sometimes a flat fee, others charge a percentage of the total) and the final total (in US funds) which you're responsible for.

The total on Amazon Canada's site will likely be displayed in CDN funds. I have never ordered from AC, but I have from other Canadian e-tailers, so the AC shopping experience may/may not be much different.

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info!!!!...ordering from Canada because they have the Due South 3rd season set listed and US Amazon doesn't. Also big difference in price..much cheaper in Canada for these sets..

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
My experience with them is in the Retail/Vendor Feedback forum. Would use them again in a heartbeat!

I use the currency exchange rate calculator on USAToday.com, located on the "front page" of the Money section.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I bought Ginger Snaps I and II from them, also they had a killer price on the Scarface box set, so I got that too.
I have also ordered from Australia, Italy, UK, Korea, and Hong Kong, always gets correct amounts, although I have a card that charges for the conversion.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I've ordered from them a few times (some titles that are not available in the US, such as the season sets of the BBC America sitcom TRAILER PARK BOYS which is hysterical).

The only problem I have, I normally upgrade to the secondary shipping and with that, you have to sign for the package, they won't leave it at your door (like Amazon US and UK do). So, you have to go to the post office to pick it up. Which is a hassle.

Do they do that will all the shipping?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks