Ordered Onkyo SKS-HT240, D 3805, Optoma H27

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Tim Pilot, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Tim Pilot

Tim Pilot Auditioning

I've already ordered the Onkyo SKS-HT240 speakers (I used the C-net review), Denon 3805, and Optoma H27. I just found this forum (maybe a little late, oops!).

I did some research, mostly c-net and tried to pick good stuff. Have I screwed up with my purchases or am I on the right track?

I've got a basic progressive scan dvd player (can't remember the brand right now) and direct tv rcvr d10-200 (s-video out).

Should I get the denon dvd or another brand? I also didn't order the direct tv hdtv. I just didn't know enough to even consider it when I ordered it! Can I upgrade to direct tv hdtv and is it worth it?

I've got "Screen Goo Silver Lite" and want about a 70 in diagonal picture. I've ordered an Inmounts brand ceiling mount. I'm new to this stuff but I've read lots lately. I liked the smaller speakers because of their low profile and the stuff I read on c-net made them sound really good. I know they are 6.1 and my rcvr can do 7.1.... If you were buying speakers but liked the compact or good looking styled speakers what would you recommend. I ordered them from Vanns and they seem like a super vendor, very quick and really on the ball!

My room is 14 x 22 vaulted ceiling with my seating planned about 14 ft back in the 22 ft direction. I just bought this house and it has a perfect home theater room, with a nice wall with high windows on the viewing screen (it has an exterior rock wall outside). It is a separate room from the main house and when I looked at it I said to myself "finally get the HT of my dreams".

Thanks you so much for any suggestions you might have.

2. rob-h

rob-h Second Unit

Those are very low end speakers. They are not bad for a HTIB but I would never buy them as seperates.

3. prashanth_sharma

Hi,

U appear to have u'r budgets reversed. Instead of spending a $1000 on u'r receiver and $300 on the speakers u should do the opposite.

As for the DVD player, the difference in quality between a cheapo $50 player and a good $400 one is going to be a lot less obvious unless u have a really good display unit (TV, projector) so save u'r money on the DVD player.

njoy

ps