What's new

Ordered new centre speaker. I hope it is worth it (1 Viewer)

Dale124

Auditioning
Real Name
Dale C.
Hi all. I bought a pair of Paradigm Studio 100's a few years ago, but never got a matching centre channel speaker. I ended up buying a Polk Audio CSi A6 Centre. I had always regretted not buying the matching centre, but it was too big for where I was going to put it. Anyway, last weekend I went shopping and ordered the Paradigm Prestige 55c centre (the studio line is no longer available). This is the closest they make to my studios. Anyway, I should receive the speaker this week, and am just hoping that there will be a significant noticeable benefit to spending over $1500 for it.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
thanks.
Dale.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Dale,

As a former Studio owner, I think you'll be very happy with the Prestige center. It's not voiced exactly the same, but with a Center channel, that's not awfully important. In any case, the Prestige series sounds great, and it's definitely a step up from your Polk. Congratulations on the new speaker, be sure to post some pictures when you get it!

Dale124

Auditioning
Real Name
Dale C.
Dale,

As a former Studio owner, I think you'll be very happy with the Prestige center. It's not voiced exactly the same, but with a Center channel, that's not awfully important. In any case, the Prestige series sounds great, and it's definitely a step up from your Polk. Congratulations on the new speaker, be sure to post some pictures when you get it!

Thanks, Dave. I got the speaker earlier this week and did indeed notice a significant difference right away! There is so much more detail in the audio and seems much "fuller", if that makes sense. I think this purchase was indeed worth it....yay!
Sorry, I'm not much for posting pictures on these forums. I've always found it to be a bit of a struggle to get them posted.
Dale.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Going to a big honking center (RC64II) was one of the best upgrades I did. I think you will like that bad boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks