Ordered my receiver, now where do I order my speakers from

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ScottATL, Jan 12, 2003.

1. ScottATL

ScottATL Stunt Coordinator

I placed my order for my receiver, and I am set on getting an SVS sub, but now where do I get my speakers from.
    I'm leaning more and more towards the Paradigm Monitor series for my listening pleasure, but I can't seem to find a local dealer for them. I went to their website and the only dealer that came back said they prefer not to sell retail and mostly do only custom work and home installation for higher end. They kind of frowned when I asked them if I could just order the speakers from them, so I'm not so sure about them.
    The only place I've found online is www.6ave.com Does anyone have any other online stores I can check out before I make my purchase, or if someone in the Atlanta area knows of a retailer in the area, please let me know that too.

2. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Scott,

Have you checked out Evolution Home Theater in Duluth? It's right on Pleasant Hill Rd. They sell Paradigm. You may also want to consider PSB speakers. Audio Alternative, which is on Indian Trial sells them.

3. Michael_V

Michael_V Second Unit

YGM

4. Nitt0

Nitt0 Auditioning

Sound and Cinema in Alpharetta sells Paradigm speakers. www.soundandcinema.com They are great people to work with. I just picked up some Paradigm Monitor 3 v2's for $200 from them on Friday. These were their demo models. They usually have all Paradigm speakers in stock and usually offer 10% off list on them.

5. ScottATL

Thanks for the info, I think I am going to check out sound and cinema this week. They gave me the list prices and when I inquired about 10% off, he said that sounds reasonable and we can work something out.

6. John A. Casler

John A. Casler Second Unit

What receiver and what is your speaker budget?

John

7. ScottATL

I ordered the H/K AVR 520. I am trying to stay under $2000 for speakers and sub

8. Dan Workman

Dan Workman Extra

For that budget, you might want to check out Monitor 5's as mains, Mini-Monitors as surrounds and a CC370. Then add an SVS sub like a 20-39 PCi or 25-31 PCi and you should be within the range you're looking at.

9. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

If you decide not to go with Paradigm, you could go with www.audioshop.on.ca ... Marc will always give you a good deal there.

10. ScottATL

11. Bob Drugan

Bob Drugan Agent

I have the Aperion Audio 6.1 speaker system with the 12" 250 watt sub and couldn't be happier. The great thing about these speakers is they sound so natural and the bass is awesome. The speakers are very easy to listen to and for the $ I couldn't find anything that compared. Aperion has a 30 day return policy but after hearing these in my home they not going back. The people at Aperion were great to deal with too - I did tons of research and they answered all my questions and couldn't have been nicer. Oh yeah they even send you an owners kit plus my wife really liked the bags the speakers are wrapped in - very classy. Check them out at www.aperionaudio.com. Bob

12. ScottATL

Well, I went over to sound and cinema on my lunch and I was very impressed with the Monitor series and I think that is what I am going to purchase. I was thinking about Monitor 7's up front, CC370 center and Mini's in the rears and after talking to a salesman, this is what we decided to be the best for my situation as it fit the space and room setup that I have. Thanks to all who replied

13. Warren Hubbs

Warren Hubbs Agent

take a look at the rockets...over at av123....excellent value....