What's new

Ordered my new Dell Inspiron 700m (1 Viewer)

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick

Now just checking their site about 4-5 (hundred) times a day to see if it's shipped yet!

12.1" Widescreen
1.6 ghz Centrino w/2mb L2 cache
256mb ram (going to either add a 512mb or 1gb stick the day it arrives)
30gb HD (still haven't used 5gb of my existing 20gb drive)
802.11b Wi-Fi built-in
64mb integrated graphics (the only weak point in my opinion)

Now, I didn't buy this for gaming, but will probably pick up an old copy of Ghost Recon or something like that, any other recommendations for older shooters that will run without a dedicated graphics card? After the RAM upgrade I will either have 768mb or 1280mb...

By the way, I was fairly disappointed with GotApex on this purchase. When I was ready to buy, they didn't have any current DellHome coupons. I e-mailed all of the guys there and didn't get a single response. Thankfully, by googling "Dell Deals" I found this site. They had quite a few coupons that were still current and I ended up using a $300 coupon from them in addition to the existing Dell promotions. I saw those same coupons show up on GotApex either the next day or two days later... but you know how it is when you want something and finally have the means to get it... Patience - what's that?! :)

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
hrmm you could prolly play counterstrike and other half life mods on that no problem. I bet even RTCW would play fine on it. anything built on the quake engine will run on that. As a hardcore gamer I would never suggest playing on a laptop but, if thats what you gotta do then go for it.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Jason:

Sorry about that. I, unfortunately, do miss some emails. These days, I'm averaging around 230 per day. I do apologize.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Hey Mike, thanks for the info... I am a hardcore Xbox gamer, but I have a job where I work graveyards and have long stretches everynight I can use for gaming on a laptop... so it sure beats playing solitaire on the work computer, you know what I mean?

Speaking of Xbox gaming, anyone know if the adapter that allows you to plug in an Xbox controller to a pc works very well?

Gabriel, I had no idea you guys were that inundated with e-mail... didn't mean to come across as ungrateful, it just so happened that after referring probably 20-30 people to gotapex.com prior to purchasing Dell computers that when I, myself, am finally ready to purchase one, there are no valid coupons!!! :frowning:

Have you guys ever considered setting up at least an auto-reply to your e-mail addresses so that people will know whether to expect a personal reply or not? Just a thought... thanks though for all of your hard work on that site, it has become an almost daily visit for me.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
An auto-reply is a great idea. I know we do need to implement something. 230 emails a day is just me. The other guys get a lot as well. I think we may need to separate out our "requests" emails so that nothing is lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks