What's new

Ordered my Adire Daeva, deal or what? (1 Viewer)

Bobpaul

Agent
Hi:

I ordered my Adire Daeva after intensive research, with wife screaming "what about the new baby?" in my ear. No specs out yet, just the friendly Adire fellow on the phone t answer my questions.

It has a 15" Tempest driver:

http://www.adireaudio.com/diy_audio/...re/tempest.htm

with a DT300 plate amp:

http://www.adireaudio.com/diy_audio/...iers/dt300.htm

The only other spec i know is that it weighs 95 lbs. out of box.

I'm paying $599 with free shipping.

Room here is a 20x35 ft. with cathedral ceiling (3 stories high). Do you think it will do?

You will laugh hard at this. Shhh, upgrading from a passive Bose sub (which is now a flower stand for a fig tree on the porch).

Make me feel good fellas :)))))

Bob

Bobpaul

Agent
Oops, correction, no screaming, just incessant bickering, not to worry happy couple, baby comin in August :)

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
You got a good deal, alright. The Tempest is definitely impressive, but you might want more output if you're insane. I wonder how that one compares to SVS.

Bobpaul

Agent
Thx. for reply Michael.

That is what i did, looked at the SVS-es and the only option would be the PB2, more expensive of course.

I looked at SVS, HSU, Rocket, and Paradigm and just could not find a deal to beat this.

I based my decision also on the reliability of the Rava, a Shiva 12" based box that seems to be popular for small rooms.

I will post photos and impressions soon. You will have to forgive me if the descriptions will not be very technical, as i am learning my way into hifi.

Bob

Bobpaul

Agent
HAHA Rob

The baby is kicking vigorously at the rhythm of SuperSpeedway Mach II Edition through my PR Studio 100v2 based system. Every time we listen at Dolby reference levels, the little critter is kicking :))) Another audiophile, without a doubt.

Thx. Rob

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I'd be careful about reference levels around a newborn. It's my understanding it's not that difficult to damage a newborn's hearing.

RobWil

Supporting Actor
Well the baby hasn't been born yet but I'm sure Bob and his wife will keep that in mind :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks