What's new

Ordered "Lost" from Best Buy, but shipment arrived with no "bonus disk" (1 Viewer)

Gary Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
I realize that their website said the bonus disks were available "while supplies last", but I thought that ordering it on Aug. 21 would be early enough. Did any of you order from Best Buy after Aug. 21, and still receive the bonus disk?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
just go to the store and buy one with the disc and return the one without it.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I had a feeling about this title and went to the Best Buy store on release day. On their "new releases" table, they had two piles of LOST sets. One of the piles had the bonus disk, one didn't. They're plainly visible attached to the back of the set. I'm thankful I got there in time, and I've read elswhere that a lot of people have ordered from online and not gotten the extra disk.

I also read a quote somewhere (take it for what its worth) that each store only got 28 copies with bonus disks.

Harry

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
The same thing happened with the Xena season sets with the Best Buy bonus discs. They had the sets with the bonus discs at the store on release day, but the people who had preordered them online received the regular version without the extra disc. Fortunately for me, I always bought them at the store to make sure I was getting the right version, but there were a lot of unhappy fans who had to go out of their way and go to Best Buy to exchange the sets they'd ordered online.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
There was never anything I saw at Best Buy's website that *guaranteed* you to get the bonus disc by ordering it online. It's all the same sku #, so they can nab any copy of it they happen to be looking at when they pick it, pack it, and ship it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I saw copies of Lost with the bonus disc at my local Best Buy last night. Like Tony said, I would go to your BB and see if they still have any with the bonus disc and return it there (without the reciept) for store credit, and grab a copy with the bonus disc.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
The same thing happened to me with the "Friday the 13th" box set and the "Tommy Boy" DVD. I only ordered them from Best Buy to get their free goodies and both times I missed out. I also missed out on the "Matrix Reloaded" bonus disc and back then they were cooperative and they eventually sent it to me. More recently I complained to them about the "Friday the 13th" bonus because the ad for the bonus disc was still on their website when I received my item but they still said that there was nothing they could do.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Same thing happened to me. When I went to exchange it they said I ordered the version without the bonus disk. They told me the bonus disk set had a different sku number. This does not currently seem to be true as bestbuy.com has only one listing for Lost and there is no mention of the bonus disk. I got an E-mail from bestbuy.com with a link to the set. E-mail featured the bonus disk. It is really amazing that they advertise an offer for a bonus disk with a link to get us to order from them and then they don't send it.

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to try and call and get my bonus disk I was supposed to, but the people on the Best Buy hotline are all foreign, and hard to understand.

John*D

Second Unit
I too ordered LOST two weeks in advance, considering it said through 9/10/05 you would get the DISC included with your order *while supplies last. Of course that supply evidently didn't last very long...

The only reason I ordered it online was b/c of the $10 e-gift certificate and the language of the online ad saying you would get the bonus disc.

I got the set a few days ago and NO bonus disc. So I went to BestBuy yesterday to exchange my set for one that would have the bonus disc. They couldn't do an exchange b/c it was an online order. So they refunded my card - the shipping.

Thankfully, the LOST display they had set up still had several of the Suitcase sets. It only took me 10 minutes to find it, b/c I was looking in the regular section and they only had the regular LOST sets in that location.

:star: One of the blue-shirts even approached me to make sure I had the one with the Bonus Disc! :b

:emoji_thumbsup:I just opened the set up and luckily it included the episode guide booklet.

It stinks that people who didn't get the set from BB or ordered it online miss out on the extras from these exclusive discs. I also have that TV guide mini-CD which has EXLUSIVE deleted scenes and a DriveShaft song! You really got to do you're research when buying DVDs. :angry:

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
No, they're gone from newsstands. But there are quite a few listed on eBay at the moment for a few dollars more than the $3.00 cover price.

It would be worth it if you're a big fan and collector of such stuff.

I have the TV Guide disc, and am happy with it. Just keep in mind that it's not a DVD, but a CD-ROM that also has just one musical track that plays in CD players that accept 3" discs.

The Best Buy extra disc is also a great bonus, giving fans that extra hour recap episode as well as a couple of other extras.

Harry

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Can you tell me how many deleted scenes it has?

Also were the discs available in several different colors? Thanks

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
I ordered on 6/20 b/c of the coupon. The bonus disc was prominently advertised online weeks before the release. I, of course, didn't receive one either. I emailed my complaint and they had the lame excuse of "having difficulties" with the bonus discs and that I should go to the store with my receipt to get my bonus disc. Apparently they do this a lot. I filed a complaint w/ the BBB like it will do any good.

John*D

Second Unit

2 deleted scenes, both of which are exclusive to this CD. The other exclusive item is the photo gallery. It also has a link to a special section on tvguide.com where they have some LOST quizes/games. The rest of the extras are apparently on the regular DVD set. The disc only came in the Orange color.

:star: I took a screenshot of the main menu!

I would recommend getting this mini-CD. Maybe some stores that haven't gotten rid of their tvguides will have one in the back-room or you might find a copy sitting under a shelf somewhere? I would guess your best bet would be to just buy a copy on ebay.

The Drive Shaft song is pretty cool. Didn't they say they were going to make a real album b/c of the fans support for this fictional band?

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
It looks like BB is finally sending out the Digital Coupons. I just got mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks