What's new

Ordered Axioms today! (1 Viewer)

Chad Sunderland

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I just ordered my first set of "decent" speakers today, and I can't wait till Friday gets here to try them out!

I ended up going with M22ti's for fronts, VP150 for center, and QS4's for surrounds. This setup is actually cheaper because of advice I recieved from Axiom! I had pretty much decided to go with M60ti's, the VP150, and QS8's. I noticed Axiom had on there site, a place where if you send them your room size, they could reccomend a system to you. Well...I only have a 12x15 room, and I emailed them and told them what I was planning on getting, to get there opinions. There response was that the setup I was considering would probably sound just fine, but that they would suggest M22ti's for the fronts because they aren't as directional as the towers and would blend better in a small room. They also suggested QS4's instead of the QS8's...stating that the QS4's would work better in a room my size.

Well...I am pretty new to all of this, so I can't be totally sure if everything Axiom told me was correct, but I was very impressed that a business would suggest that I buy cheaper products from them, especially when I told them I was just about ready to go with the M60's and the QS8's!

I'm still using my first and only HT system right now which is a Cerwin Vega system that came with 4 surrounds, a center, and a sub all together for $300 at Sam's Club! To my novice ears, these speakers sound excellent for movies, but are lacking a lot of punch for music...I'm sure these Axioms will be quite an improvement. I am keeping the CV sub in the setup for a few more weeks till funds recover though! Then...I will be sub shopping, and probably be upgrading to an SVS.

Now...I'll just be impatiently waiting for my speakers to get here! I'll post back and let everyone know what I think!
Chad

Rob Landolfi

Stunt Coordinator
Chad,
Congrats on your purchase. When you get everything set-up and calibrated, you ought to post your thoughts on the Axiom message board as well as this one. Happy listening.

Martice

Screenwriter
Although I don't own Axiom speakers I did hear that they are excellent 'Bang for the Buck' speakers and should satisfy most HT lovers.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase. I have the M60 and VP150 and I couldn't be happier.

Chad Sunderland

Stunt Coordinator
Well...I got the speakers today! :) Didn't get a chance to finally give them a listen until tonight.
First impressions right after hooking them up were that they definately sounded better than my CV's, but nothing to get too excited about. As soon as I got everything hooked up I had to go out for a few hours, so I just let them play at medium volume hoping they would open up a bit.
When I got back, it was like night and day! These things sound BEAUTIFUL now, and that was only after about 3 hours, I can't even imagine how they would get any better with more time.
I'm definately still a novice in "higher" end HT. But to me, these thing just sound terrific...on acoustic guitar or piano, it sounds like there is someone playing the instrument in the room with you! Just for a little experiment I hooked up one of my CV's along side the Axiom M22. I couldn't believe how lifeless and flat the CV's sound to my ear now, up till today I thought they sounded "pretty decent", I just wanted a little better.
I haven't really auditioned any more expensive speakers such as Paradigm or B&W, so I can't make a comparison there...but I can say if you are looking for great sound on a budget, Axioms will not dissapoint. For $1100 I have a system that just sounds wonderful to my ears and I couldn't be happier with them. Axioms service and shipping were also top notch!
Chad

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds pretty sweet. I just ordered my Axiom M22ti's and VP150 center today, and I can't wait until I get them in the mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks