Ordered an SVS 20-39PC today... oh boy.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Winkler, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Steve Winkler

Steve Winkler Stunt Coordinator

I couldn't hold out any longer. I would have loved to order a CS-Ultra but with the limp Canadian dollar, just couldn't swing it. I am quite sure this new sub will crush my old one but I hope I'm not expecting too much. Thanks to this forum and audioreview.com, my worries are slight. Many testimonials and unheard of customer service are very reassuring. My biggest worry is the UPS guy finding my place; I live in rural Alberta. It's only 15 minutes outside of Calgary but many people seem to make a wrong turn somewhere along the way.
    Cheers everyone.
    Steve

2. Curtis_Edwards

Curtis_Edwards Stunt Coordinator

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!
    Enjoy.

3. Scott_E

Scott_E Stunt Coordinator

Man I just got mine yesterday and I must say, its an excellent quality piece!!! My Samson should be here next week and then the house is comin down!!

4. Sujeet Patel

Sujeet Patel Stunt Coordinator

It's worth the wait, I got mine hooked up last week, and it's just insane.. My neighbors must already hate me, as the whole floor shakes at times. I too was skeptical, having never heard it in person, but there was not 1 second of remorse, after I turned it on. WOW!

5. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Congrats! I have had my 20-39PC about 2 months now and even though I totally screwed my install the first week (had it hooked to the wrong output of a new receiver which I had bought at the same time), I was astounded at what is does. The only problem is I only want to watch movies that have a significant lfe signal!!!
    Tom V at SVS helped me straighten out my screwup but actually, if you just use the manual with the sub, your setup will be close to perfect.... although you'll find yourself messing with your SVS constantly. I also run a high end system in my vehicle and I have to admit, the SVS is the first sub I even had that moves me like my car sub.
    Enjoy !!!
    ------------------

6. Steve Winkler

Steve Winkler Stunt Coordinator

That's what I like to hear. Quick question, is anybody using a Y cable on the hook-up or just a single audio cable straight to the receiver?? I currently use a Y cable, seems to allow me to have my subwoofer volume knob lower this way.
    Thanks again,
    Steve