What's new

Orderd the Dharman last night! Any tweaks I should know about? (1 Viewer)

Jake T

Stunt Coordinator
I decided on this sub after ny poll.
Does anyone have any comments on how I should set it up?
Thanks
------------------
Jake T
--"The Things You Do In Life Echo An Eternity"
----Russel Crowe, Gladiator
hlfmstflg2.gif

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Jake;
I'll tell you what I normally tell people when they get a new sub. Turn the amp level in the sub itself up about 3/4 of the way. (This will probably be at the 3 o'clock position on the dial.) Then, turn the sub output level all the way down on your receiver. Now using either Avia, Video Essentials, or the internal tones on your receiver, set the sub so that the output approximately matches the rest of your speakers. You'll find that the sub plays with a little more impact, more "oomph" if you will. Give that a shot and see how it works.
You'll need an SPL meter to do this of course. If you don't have one already, head on down to Radio Shack and pick one up. It's essential to calibrating your system.
Once you get that done, the best thing you can probably do is move the sub around the room (if possible) to find where it sounds best.
Enjoy the new sub! From what I've heard, it's a real winner. Please, let us know what you think of it when it finally arrives.
------------------
-J.Fo
"And you can tell Rolling Stone magazine that my last words were... 'I'm on drugs!'"

Jake T

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the tips Jeffery. It's not due to ship until Oct. 8. I'll try what yousaid then post my 'appraisal' after that.
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif

------------------
Jake T
--"The Things You Do In Life Echo An Eternity"
----Russel Crowe, Gladiator
hlfmstflg2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks