Orbital "Another Place" absolutely cracking DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lance Rumbolt, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Lance Rumbolt

Lance Rumbolt Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys, here in the UK we have just got a new release from Orbital on dvd. I was totally impressed with the quality on offer here including dolby digital and DTS (1509). If you have the capability I highly recommend getting a copy imported or pop down to your local HMV.
    I'd like to hear anybody elses opinion on this disc.
    Cheers
    Lance Rumbolt UK
    PS we are all thinking of you guys in the states today over whats gone on.

2. DanL

DanL Stunt Coordinator

Are you referring to the "Altogether" DVD? Even if you aren't, I heard that recently came out and I would LOVE to have it, but alas..region coding demons. HAs a US release date been annouced yet? A DTS Orbital disc sounds like heaven to me. [​IMG]

3. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Must have it! Oh I hope it gets released here in the US.

4. Lance Rumbolt

Lance Rumbolt Stunt Coordinator

Sorry Dan yeh it is the altogether. There is an absolutely brilliant version of the "doctor who" theme on the disc and a 20 minute version of "meltdown" which is just mind blowing.
    I don't know of any release dates for the US, but get your hands on it as sson as it arrives and as I say the DTS is stunning.
    Lance

5. gregstaten

gregstaten Supporting Actor

Looking forward to this coming out in the U.S. For those into this type of music, both Moby's (Mobyplay) and Underworld's (Everything Everything) DVDs are great with very good sound.
    (Note: the image quality of some of the videos on Mobyplay are is pretty lousy, but the continuous mix section has good image quality and fantastic sound.)
    -gre
    g

6. DanL

DanL Stunt Coordinator

Well, I guess since a Japanese date has been announced, we'll get a US announcement soon. What excites me about the Altogether DVD is the fact that it was specifically mixed for multichannel. It's really cool the videos are on there too (I expected either audio-only or just some oscilliscope thing).
    I'm looking forward to the full length Meltdown too since that's actually fave track on the new album.