Orb Speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by John S, Mar 17, 2005.

1. John S

John S Producer

I see them as an advertiser on here....

I also see on their site they have a 30day trial.

I know somebody that has ultra neo moder type decor. I think these may be exactly what they were looking for from their vision / description of what they wanted is all.

2. Scott_N

Scott_N Second Unit

They should check out the Gallo Micro's and the JMLab Sib/Cub2 out also.

3. Daniel.Han

Daniel.Han Stunt Coordinator

My friend actually just bought a 5.0 system from orb and is playing them through a denon receiver. Personally I don't like them, to me they sound shrill and are not at all able to accurately resolve all the sound that should be coming at me from movies or CDs.

They are very small though, and do have a very modern look to them, so if your friend doesn't necessarily care about the sound and is more interested in the looks, they may suit him just fine.

dh

4. John S

John S Producer

Thanks Daniel, that is sort of what I was afraid of with the. I will check out alternative suggestions from the thread, thanks all.

I can't in good faith suggest something I wouldn't personally think is at least decent sound wise.

They had an upper and lower level on the series. I would assume your friend most likely got the lesser expensive of the two?

5. Daniel.Han

Daniel.Han Stunt Coordinator

He is using Mod1's for everything but the center for which he is using a Mod2 (which is really just 2 Mod1's held together by a small metal bracket and some wire connecting them, no extra work with crossovers or anything, just some added output). On top of the sound they don't give you a very satisfying feel about their build. They may in fact have great construction, but they are pretty light and just don't give a great impression. Plus the speaker wire attachments (not even sure what to really call them) are pretty dissapointing, they will take only a small gauge bare wire or a pin type connector, no banana or spades here.

Hope this helps.

dh