What's new

Orange County, CA meet (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I dunno Gregg. John called me last night and was weighted heavily with the decision of landing a nice BIG RPTV before the 10th. Hmmmm, wonder what's on John's mind right now:) 65" or 73"?
Peace Out~:D

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
I had a feeling this was going to happen. John was talking last week about the new RPTV's. John, if you're reading this, don't feel you have to rush into anything just because you're having some of the guys over. Take your time, choose what you really want, and use your contacts to get a great deal. Jeez, look at my room. Three rows of cinema seats looking down at a non-progressive scan 4:3 RPTV. But should be making a decision by the next CES. ;)
John, do you want me to bring my DVD-A player?

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
I don't plan on rushing into getting the big one, but at some point it will have to happen. I have been tossing it around as to which set should it be. It's just that if it happended by the 10th, that would be cool. Sometimes I feel like flipping a coin to decide on projector or RP.

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
btw,
Of those attending, how many will be bringing the spouse or girl friend? As I mentioned above, my wife may not be around, but if there are spouses or girlfriends coming, she will more than likely stick around.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Mine is probably going to drop me off at your house John, and then take the kids to Knotts Berry Farm nearby for the day (but you already know that John). I think she still wants Lisa to go with her.

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Yep, Dave, the plan would be for my wife to go to Knotts with your wife and kids. We'll work this out next week.

Anthony, you can always show up after 2:00 no problem if you want to wait and bring yours after she gets off work.

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Just a reminder I will be away from computer access starting tomorrow until next Thur the 8th.

And, my wife will be around for the meet, so yes indeed bring the spouses and girlfriends.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
John, let me know if you have room in your fridge for one (or maybe two) 1 gallon growlers of beer from Steelhead. If so, I plan on stopping by just before I head over and pick them up. There about 1' square boxes. The growlers need to sit on a shelf.
If not, I'll bring the standard bottled beer in a cooler.
Peace Out~:D

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Beer Math (only for advanced calculus beer drinkers)

12 person avg.+ 4 beer avg. = 2 cases, this should cover it Ron? I can always keep a back up in my truck, just in case, I'll bring the river size cooler also. Any more requests ? PM me.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Well Zen, you're forgetting the inclusion of Ron into the equation drastically skews it away from the 'average' person. Better keep that river cooler as a backup! :D

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Jeff:
That's why it's advanced beer math, this isn't Pre-Beer, now you've thrown all this trigonometry(RonP) into the equation now it's
12 people avg + avg 4 beers div. by RonP pi ^ river cooler = well that equals a S***load in beer math. :)
Better keep that river cooler as a backup!
That's a sure bet

A

Anthony_Gomez

well..I don't drink beer, so I donate my allocation to Ron so that he doesn't throw the curve all out of wack! You think 8 is enough for Ron?

AllenD

Second Unit
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH....
John,
A 73" RPTV in your room would look fantastic. It would go well with the quality of your audio gear. If you get an HD set delivered by the 10th I'd be glad to bring along the HTPC. I have some HD material we can demo if no one else brings it.
I'll be attending the meet by myself. Kristina's not really into HT. Plus it would be a headache bringing along my brats!
My vote for movies pretty much mirrors your list. And as far as beer goes, Newcastle anyone? :D

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Directions have been sent to those who confirmed. If you did not recieve, let me know. See ya Sat.

Did not seem like we had a leading contender, we'll decide what to watch and play with on Sat.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I hope all you guys had a great time at the meet. I apologize for not being able to make it, I had a rather interesting day Saturday.

I went surfing saturday morning, and as always put my car key in the little key pocket on the inside of my swim trunks. Upon finishing and coming back out of the water, my key was gone! Somewhere in the ocean drifting off to mexico probably. So now I was stranded, my wallet was locked in the car, so I had no money to make a phone call, plus all my friends phone nubmers are programmed into the phone, so of course I don't have any of them memorized. The only solution was for me to get back to my apartment, where I have a spare car key. Only other problem was that my apartment was locked tight, and the keys were locked in my car. So I have to get to the front office of my apartments and they can let me into my apartment. That means I have to get there in just about 2 hours because they are going to close for the day then. So I put my surfboard in the racks on top of my car, and ended up jogging 5 1/2 miles back to my apartment complex barefoot in my swim trunks and rash-guard shirt. (My sandals were also locked in my car) I got there in time, got the key to my apartment jumped in the pool for a much needed cool down rest. By this time my feet were begining to blister, and there was a nice hole in one of my little toes.

So I finally get inside my apartment and call a friend for a ride back to my car. I then take off my trunks and throw them over the shower rod to dry off, and MY DAMN CAR KEY FALLS TO THE FLOOR!!! It was in the trunks the whole time! I don't know where, It certainly wasn't in the pocket that I put it in, I checked that several times!

Anyway, by the time I got back to my car and got home, the HTF was the last thing on my mind, and I could barely walk due to the blisters on my feet.

So once again, I apologize for not making it, i'm sure you all had fun. That evening though I did pop open a nice cold Gordon Biersch, while I soaked my feet in the pool. Today I am home staying off my feet as much as I can!

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
John, you and your wife are gracious hosts. Thank you very much for having me, I had a great time meeting all of you, Jason, Jonathan, Tom, Anthony, David etc.
John may I suggest upgrading your sub though, really wasn't cutting through like I would have liked it to. Not very much bass either :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks