What's new

Orange County, CA meet (1 Viewer)

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Okay guys and gals, after attending others HT meets, it's time for me to open the doors and return the favor. The plan is to have a fun filled day of food, fun, talk, and HT stuff.
Nothing is locked in of course, but Aug. 10 looks pretty good, as does the 11th. Matter of fact, at this point, any weekend in Aug. or the first two weeks in Sept. will do as well. I would like to lock the date down soon, and will go with the date that the majority rules.
Vitals,
FOOD: the plan is to BBQ. I'm thinking of chicken, burgers, Salmon, hot dogs, steak, whatever, mild, sweet, hot & spicy, or any combination thereof Just let me know what you like and I'll put it on the grill. Same for drinks and snacks, what do you like?
TIME: what works better for you? Afternoon, late afternoon, evening.
DATE: see above
MOVIE: anything that I have, duh. LaserDisc or DVD. If you have something you want to bring, by all means, bring it along. Anyone want to do any trading or swapping, bring 'em along as well.
We'll do the usual demo stuff and the like, but a complete movie/consort should be on tap. I'll let the majority rule on this as well.
As the system, the TV isn't biggest (not yet), but I do have a pretty killer sound system, so if you want to shake the house down or hear a DVD or CD, we can play it loud--to a point of course. The only issue is we may have to bolt the walls and windows down if my 2 subs get out of hand, oh wait, I mean if we get out of hand :D Either way, we'll have fun.
SPOUSE'S: Please bring the spouse’s. My wife would enjoy the company. For those who wish to not watch the movie, you can hang and mingle
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif
It’ll be one big party.
HOW MANY: I have 2 sofas that easily seat 6, but, being we are all friends, no problem for 8 of us. And, there is room on the floor if anyone wants to bring a bean-bag, and extra chairs can be brought in (hmm, wonder if I need to buy some).
This should cover it for now. Other info to come as details get worked out.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I'm open on the 10th or 11th, John. Chicken and steaks/burgers sound good to me. I like spicy stuff. Drinks--soft drinks are good for me. I like sugar and no caffiene. Salad to complement.
I'd like to hear you REALLY crank some bass stuff on the VMPS subs. :)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Count me in John, the 10th is good. Linda is a maybe at this point.
All the food listed above sounds great and of course beer is always good for me. Let me know if you want me to bring anything, like beer :)
Looking forward to lotsa fun.
Peace Out~:D

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Sounds like an excellent plan! The 10th is good for me as well. Any food you want to have is fine by me, and let me know if you need us to bring anything as well.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Count me in! How 'bout Rat Race to demo that system of yours John? I know you've been dying to see it since Ron's meet... :D
If the date moves to September, I will be unable to attend due to our family vacation. Anything on the grill is great and let me know if I can bring anything also.

Tom Young

Agent
Count me in John. As for the date, either Aug 10th/11th work for me. How about a little Jalapeno cheese bread for everybody?

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Looks like Aug. 10/11 are becoming the preferred dates. And so far, Rat Race is movie of choice (Jason you will have to bring the disc of course being it is not in my collection).
Any interest for Star Wars (ep. IV) in Dolby Digital?

AllenD

Second Unit
Have room for one more? I can make the 10th but only in the PM hours of the day. I think I work until 1 that day. I'll double check. Let me know if I can bring anything. :emoji_thumbsup:

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
John, do you have the non-SE Star Wars (Ep IV)? I'd vote for the non-SE Empire Strikes Back, too. :)

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
John,
After looking at my calendar, I am still in for Saturday the 10th, but if it moves to Sunday the 11th, I will have to bow out since I am switching to graveyards starting that night. :frowning:
I was kidding about Rat Race by the way... :)

A

Anthony_Gomez

Maybe I am just anxious to get my DVD in that I have had on order for a while, but I want LOTR:FOTR :D
Hey ALLEN....IIRC, you were out of work at the last meeting. Good to see you got a new job=) hope you like it!

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
I have both the original Ep. IV and the SE Ep. IV. The original is digital sound only, but the SE is Dolby Digital.
Rat Race is out, eh? :frowning: :)
LOTR: FOTR would be cool. When is the street date?
Any other titles people are itching to see / hear? We can always run a few shorts prior to the feature. Anyone every see Joe's Apartment? :D
I'm marking Aug. 10th as the date. I'm thinking of maybe around 2:00 or 3:00pm would be good for food, then HT fun afterwards. What do you think?

A

Anthony_Gomez

John. LOTR comes out August 6th. My copy should be mailed out on the 5th and I should get it on the 6th or 7th.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
I'm a tentative yes...but if space is limited, I'll bow out to allow someone who can commit.

John, do you have an HDTV?

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Nope, sorry, no HDTV, yet! Planning later this year though.
Movies of interest so far:
- Ep. IV
- LOTR: FOTR (Anthony bring it along)
Movies out:
- Rat Race :frowning:
Total attendee's thus far: 8 yes, 1 tentative. No problem on space. Looks like it will be a good gathering for fun and play.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks