Optoma Vs. Panasonic/ Need help

Real Name
john
Iv'e been in the market for a front projector for a few months now.
Iv'e run the through the maze of different units and finally getting it narrowed
down. I have some questions and hopefully I can finally make a discission.

In the case of the Optoma HD72 vs the HD7100
Is the Texas Inst. Dark chip3 that much better in HD7100 over that of the HD72 having just the TI Dark chip2?

I know that the HD7100 was a spin off of the HD79 which is considerably more money but also a bit quieter running then the HD7100
I'm really looking hard at the Optima HD72 since it is more in my price range then either of the other two models ( $1199 after rebate @ bestpricecamera.com) There isn't anyone within 100 miles of me that has one of these on display to even look at. So my entire judgement is being placed on what I read in reviews and in these forums.

I'm also impressed with the new Panasonic AX100u. I found someone who has this on display but I'm looking at a 2hr road trip.
Please tell me your views/options.
Thanks, John

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Google 'bestpricecamera' and you won't want to buy from them. Most 'stores' selling the HD72 at that price point appear to be crooks.

At $1500 after rebate from a reputable store, it appears like a deal to me. Go to www.optomausa.com and click on online stores to see who really is an authorized dealer for Optoma.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron Piko