Optoma H76

Discussion in 'Displays' started by BradWI, Jun 27, 2004.

1. BradWI

BradWI Auditioning

Need some feedback from front projector users! I am in the process of setting up a home theater with a front projector. I've done a little research into a couple of projectors, but not sure on what to go with. Unfortunately the dealers in town only either have very expensive stuff, or the Sony HS20, so am not getting to sample of lot of the brands. The Optoma H76 seems to get good reviews and I've seen some news on the Yamaha LPX-510.
    My budget for the projector is around $5000.

Any reviews or recommendations? Anything else that might fit the bill?
    Thanks for your help!

2. Ken.Nischan

Ken.Nischan Agent

We need more information to provide a reasonably accurate recommendation.. how large is the room? How much ambient light will there be when watching the PJ? What material are you watching (e.g. SD, HDTV, DVD, PC, etc)?

3. BradWI

BradWI Auditioning

The room is 14' X 22'. We will be using the projector to watch HDTV and DVD's. The room is closed to outside light. The only window in the entire basement is on the opposite side of the house and there is a wall that will stop any light from coming into the projection room. We would like to show this projector on an 106" screen.

4. Thomas Nichols

Thomas Nichols Stunt Coordinator

I saw the Optoma H76 and it looked spectacular. I also saw the H56 with the Matterhorn chip and it looked really really good too. The room did not have great conditions, but both projectors looked really nice. To me, they both look sharper and more vibrant than the HS20.