What's new

Options for Bright Room (1 Viewer)

Joel()Les

Agent
I currently have a 32" CRT and want to move up to a 50 - 65" inch screen. The room has a lot of windows so there is a lot of light during the day. Are there particular modes to avoid considering? I'm assuming the choice will be between:
Plasma
LCD projection
DLP projection
CRT projection

How do each of these do during daylight. I have no issues with my current direct view set.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I'm assuming with the latter three that you mean REAR-projection, not front projection? Because in a bright daylit room, FP is not the best choice.

SimiA

Second Unit
They will all look fine in a home environment.
I might add a plasma to your selection though.
I find off angle viewing suffers with the 3 you've selected. The plasma doesn't have that issue.
Just my nickles worth.:)
Vb

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
I have the same issue. I have decided to go with old fashioned CRT RPTV. You can't beat the bang for the buch with those. But I plan on staying in my house for many more years and building an entertainment center around the TV. So, the big black box isn't such a big deal to me.

Maurice B

Grip
Mosst all LCD & DLP RPTVs all are too weak in the Lumens dept to offset any room with a lot of windows and no curtain treatment. CRT RPTVs with 9" Guns (65" up) do much better. A Plasma would be even better, but it too will suffer from 'on screen' reflections from light sources that can cast light onto the screen. And "Glass or Plastic" screen surface will reflect the image of a 'lit up' window or for that matter, an lamp or light fixture..

Simply put, at least some consideration has to be given toward a modicum of light control. Certainly at least involving windows that are within the viewing cone area of the display.

Many displays seem miraculous in thier ability to deliver a great image, but as far as high Ambiet light, there are no miracles, just necessary solutions.:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks