Option to turn off thread in the reply window?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Ulmer, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Could there be an option to stop the whole thread from loading in the reply page? Even on cable this often means waiting near a minute in longer threads until I'm able to start typing, especially with 2 versions of the thread loading.

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Jeff:

That is there because people requested it. I will have to write up something to be able to disable it.

Parker

3. Rick Radford

Rick Radford Supporting Actor

>Even on cable this often means waiting near a minute in longer threads until I'm able to start typing<

Whoa, Jeff. I can't imagine that. I didn't get started on this HT stuff/HTF until after I had a cable modem installed a year ago, so I don't know how this would be on a dial-up.

I can't believe it takes a minute for a thread to load! Methinks you have a problem and need some serious tweaking or something!

My experience with HTF has generally been just the opposite: a click on the reply button brings up the reply screen almost instantly.. in any thread.

4. Parker Clack

Parker
    Jeff:

I have added the option to turn off the thread reviews when you reply to a post. Go to the User Control Panel > Edit Options and select No for the Thread Reviews In Reply. The iframe will still show up, if you use IE, but the individual listing of the posts in the thread will not.

Parker

5. Rick Radford

Parker, just for the record, it appears the default is off. I wondered what happened to the thread reviews!

6. Parker Clack

Parker
    Rick:

Just so you know. The default is on so I am not sure why you are getting it as off. It should be ok setting it to on though.

Parker

7. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Parker,

Mine too had disappeared. I went into my control panel and it was turned off. I turned it on and all is well, but if the default is on, it's not always happening that way.

8. Rick Radford

>The default is on so I am not sure why you are getting it as off.<
    Hmm. Well, for whatever reason, after you made the change, mine was off. I read about it in this thread so I knew what to do to fix it.
    I see George had the same problem too. NBD. And no complaints from me. I really like the BB software HTF uses. Just wish my computer would decide whether or not IT likes it. [​IMG]
    For the record, I really like the forum sub-divisions and how they're setup now.

9. Parker Clack

Parker
    Rick:
    Thanks for the feedback and the kudos on the subdivisions. The BB software is written by vBulletin and has done really well as a replacement for UBB. I am fortunate to know people that also use this software and write great hacks for it but a lot of the stuff that is incorporated here is stuff that I have written. So if it is buggy or doesn't always work right you can pretty well tell that I wrote it.[​IMG]
    That is really odd that it was defaulted to off as when I look at the database its default is 1 which is yes or on so......go figure.
    Parker