What's new

Optima uhd60 for sale for $1480? (1 Viewer)

Hishman

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
I noticed the optima uhd60 is for sale under a Miranda Gibson. The profile is brand new and has no return policy specified. Seems a little shady. I know amazon has buyer protection and whatnot however. Thoughts?

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Amazon? NEVER buy anything expensive from a new seller.
Couldn't agree more with the above and, unless the discount is pretty steep, I wouldn't consider a used projector this new to market.

Also, I can't find the listing you referenced.

Hishman

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
Couldn't agree more with the above and, unless the discount is pretty steep, I wouldn't consider a used projector this new to market.

Also, I can't find the listing you referenced.

Just search UHD60 on amazon and click any of the first items. While on that page scroll down to New (49) from $1,480.00 & FREE shipping. It should bring up a list in least expensive to most.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Just search UHD60 on amazon and click any of the first items. While on that page scroll down to New (49) from $1,480.00 & FREE shipping. It should bring up a list in least expensive to most.

Found it and thanks. For my taste, the discount isn't steep enough so I would just get a new one. That said, I didn't see anything that suggested there was no return policy and Amazon does offer some protection if the unit is defective upon arrival. The question you have to consider is "what would make the seller want to part ways with a projector they must have just recently purchased." I can imagine a couple of scenarios where the deal could be legitimate but, personally, I wouldn't risk it.

You also need to be concerned about your warranty. I found this on Optima's web site and some manufacturers won't warranty a product at all if the claim is not submitted by the original purchaser.

This warranty shall be deemed void if the serial number or other identification of the product has been defaced, damaged or removed.

Users who are viewing this thread