What's new

optical thru tv or cable box? (1 Viewer)

Tom bell

Auditioning
Should I run optical audio cable from cable box to receiver or from TV to receiver? Its seems that if I go thru the tv that is just another connection that may degrade the sound. I am looking at this correctly?
thanks

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Run the audio cables from the same place that the video is being produced. I'm assuming that the picture on the TV is travelling on wires from the cable box to the television so the audio should run from the cable box to the receiver. Running the audio from the television instead of the cable box ever so slightly increases the chance that you'll encounter a problem with the audio synching up with the video.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
With some cable boxes, you need to connect both analog and digital to the receiver as some stations do not broadcast digitally.

If you go from the TV, you will not get surround from digitally broacast programming.

Tom bell

Auditioning
Thanks all for the help...I went Optical from digital box to Denon receiver and sounds great...no lag at all with video.
Tom
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks