What's new

Optical inputs on Denon 1801 (1 Viewer)

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,

I want to hook up a second optical input on my Denon DVR 1801. The first optical jack is assigned to DVD and when I try to assign the second to DVD as well, the first one switches to Off. How can I have two optical sources plugged in at the same time and switch between them on the receiver? I have had to manually unplug one optical cable and switch it out with the other one. That should not be necessary.

Thanks in advance!

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
you have to assign them to two different inputs...you can't have two jacks on one input or one jack on two inputs...it wouldn't make any sense

maybe if you explain to us better what exactly you're trying to do, we could help more

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
There are two optical inputs on the 1801. I want to be able to have two optical cables attached and choose which source I use through the receiver. I thought it would auto-detect an optical signal on either input, but it apparently doesn't.

Bryan

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
you can use both optical inputs, but they need to be assigned to different inputs (ie one to DVD and one to VCR1) and you select which you're using by choosing DVD or VCR1. this is how all denon's work and all receivers that allow you to assign inputs

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks