What's new

optical digital audio out to 3.5mm stereo plug in ... is here such a thingy? (1 Viewer)

Takosan

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings! I need advice/tips on how to connect a wireless headphone so it can be simultaneously heard thru headphone & TV's speakers. First here are the components: 1. Samsung Plasma 450 Series (720p); 2. Samsung BD-D5700 Blu-ray Player; 3. Sennheiser RS170 wireless headphones; 4. Time Warner Cable from wall (without cable box). Connections: A. Plasma display & Blu-ray player connected via HDMI; B. Cable connected to Plasma; C. Wireless headphones connected to Blu-ray player via RCA out. Problem: the connection "C" above. I had to do this temporarily because Plasma display had only an "optical digital audio" output and I didn't know how to connect that to the wireless headphone's 3.5mm stereo plug. At least when the source is coming from the Blu-ray player (Blu-ray, DVD, CD, or Internet) it does what we wanted. So I was wondering if there is such a thing, without paying arm-and-a-leg, that converts optical digital audio signal to analog & can connect to a 3.5mm stereo plug on the base of the wireless headphones? Any other way? Thank you! Robert

Takosan

Stunt Coordinator
Found a solution & it's relatively cheap too: http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-D3-Digital-Converter-Optical/dp/B005K2TXMO/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_0. The reviews are good too on there for this digital optical to RCA converter so crossing my fingers :) Thank you. Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks