What's new

Optical cables with gold tips (1 Viewer)

JimHal

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen optical cables in stores with gold connectors. Not a coaxial cable but the fiber-optic type. The packaging clearly stated Gold Plated connectors.

Is this a huge scam since the signal is fiber-optic or does it really help? And what does it help?

I can't see how it would help, but I'm no expert.

Chip E

Screenwriter
I don't believe the gold ends do anything noteworthy... Having said that, i do own two Better Cables TosLink cables. Really only because they came that way, no other reason. The reason i bought them was because the terminations are sturdier than the Monster TosLink cable i was using (metal).

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
no help to you, but if you paid extra then it helped the manufacturer's bottom line.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
the 'you' in my reply RicP refers to shall we say a 'generic', all encompassing you. my comment was directed to the poster, yours seems to seek some sort of confrontation. perhaps you may want to consider directing your replies to the originator of the thread. the gold is a marketing ploy which is why its stated on the packaging.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Chu,

I think there's two ways to answer the question.. the way i did and the way you did. Now who's more confrontational? This is just my opinion...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks