What's new

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I got the disc (did not use it) but connected mine to the network and updated it. I tried playing both an SACD and DSD files initially with no luck initially. I then changed the 'custom resolution' from Auto to 1080P/60 and they worked.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Just ordered mine. Can't wait to use it. Very disappointed with the Samsung UHD player, especially the damn remote.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
The Oppo remote is just like similar versions, except for when you move it it auto lights. I love that. And yeah, the Samsung remote sucked.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
If anyone would like to sell off their 103D, shoot me a PM and let's see if we can work something out as I'm going to be 1080p for a while until 4K projectors move down into my price range.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Two at AVS right now:

Excellent condition. No scratches or dings. Comes in original box with manual and all accessories.

$440 shipped via PayPal. $428 shipped if friends/family is used.

FS: Oppo BDP-103D
I have a 3-year-old Oppo BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Blu-ray player available for sale. I replaced it with a UDP-203, so it's not due to any failing on the 103D's part; it's worked 100% since purchase. Never opened, no hardware mods.

Unit is in all original packaging, with manual, original power cord, HDMI cable, WiFi adapter and extender, original remote (barely used), and carry bag. $450 + shipping. Also have Oppo OEM Roku Streaming Stick (MHL), will toss it in free.

PM me if you're interested. Thanks.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
The wifi adaptor on the 103 was a USB device and they gave you an extension so you could have better reception outside your audio rack. I wonder if the built in wifi has stronger reception that we won't need that?

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
When you look at the internal pics and the antenna area, it looks huge and is shielded behind a large metal compartment.

Where mine is at I got full bars for my 2ghz radio and 4 of 5 bars for the 5ghz radio. Other devices here get full bars, so I am sure the slight loss is due to the hefty case.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Antenna is rectangle box on left side.

Attachments

• UDP-203-internal-hr.jpg
    UDP-203-internal-hr.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 117

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Here you go Robert:

http://www.jvbdigital.nl/jvb.asp?le...e&searchtype=quicksearch&searchstring=udp-203

The internal kit is $99 + shipping and the external plug-and-play USB/RS-232 port version is $129 (ouch) + shipping.

BTW, a user over at AVS Forum has reported that the kits for the 103/103D work just fine with the 203. If you're willing to roll the dice and give it a try, this external kit from AVS Digital is what I used on my 103:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160942653070?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It's only $58 shipped as opposed to $130 + shipping for the external kit form JVB Digital. Might be worth a shot.

Last edited:

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I got the disc (did not use it) but connected mine to the network and updated it. I tried playing both an SACD and DSD files initially with no luck initially. I then changed the 'custom resolution' from Auto to 1080P/60 and they worked.
Please report to Oppo. Seems strange given they dont even have video.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
BTW, a user over at AVS Forum has reported that the kits for the 103/103D work just fine with the 203. If you're willing to roll the dice and give it a try, this external kit from AVS Digital is what I used on my 103:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160942653070?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It's only $58 shipped as opposed to $130 + shipping for the external kit form JVB Digital. Might be worth a shot.
That's the same external kit I have on my 103, but it cost $75.00 back January, 2013.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Oppo got my B v S UHD disc in today and it player fine on their machine. They sent me the disc they had and kept mine, will have to see if it plays on my machine or not. I also got them to email me the beta 1212b FW which supposedly fixes 24hz stutters I am seeing.

bronty

Grip
Real Name
neil
I played Batman v superman on BR last night the sound was fantastic the upscaled pic was very good.
I have had to reboot the 203 twice yesterday.It happened when i went from BR to hdmi input the picture on tv would freeze then jump,I put all setting back to auto and it continued to jump.I just switched it off and back on then it cleared.
I get a good 2g wifi signal but my rooter is close to my player,it won’t pick up 5g signal which would have been nice if they do add streaming apps.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
How close is your 5ghz radio? Mine is only about 10 feet, but there is a wall in between.

bronty

Grip
Real Name
neil
I have tried both but for now I am using wifi
After xmas when all the decorations go I will run a hidden Ethernet cable

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Please report to Oppo. Seems strange given they dont even have video.

From posts at AVS ("There is a Known Problem in the current firmware: SACD playback can fail as you've described with Color Space Auto or Color Space 4:2:0.

The workaround is to use Color Space 4:4:4 or 4:2:2.

This should be fixed in firmware relatively quickly.

As you noted, the failure is somewhat random.") they are aware of the issues.

So far I've just watched one movie (that's the only UHD I have) - the last X-Men. Not done messing with it. I do have DSD/SACD working out of the analog outs, which is how I would do it for 2-channel. I have a Sherbourn premap with HT Bypass in that system along with an Emotiva XPA200 so the analog outs go into the 2-channel preamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks