What's new

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
If anything I have "dies" when it's not very old, its replacement does NOT come from the same company. Some of my equipment is now over 30 years old and still working, I won't reward a company for cutting costs and making stuff so cheap it doesn't even last a fraction of that.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Maybe they figured there's no future in discs and disc players.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
With this news, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the 203, shipping this week. Fare thee well, Oppo. *Salutes their sinking ship*
I own three different OPPO player models which are 93, 103 and 203. With this news, I decided to retire my 93 player and buy another 203 model that I'll place in my bedroom and move my 103 model to my Office HT setup.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Where did you order your region free kit? Is it the external one?

Thanks

Yes its the external one from the seller, GradeExchange, on Ebay - I have bought and successfully used their kits ( 93, 203 ) before without any issues. Very easy to install.

Regards,

Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I own three different OPPO player models which are 93, 103 and 203. With this news, I decided to retire my 93 player and buy another 203 model that I'll place in my bedroom and move my 103 model to my Office HT setup.
I pulled the trigger on my second 203 yesterday - should be here tomorrow! The region free kit should be here Monday.

Regards,
I trust by now that both of you have seen my Want Ad upon this thread. Jealous and yet inspired.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I pulled the trigger on my second 203 yesterday - should be here tomorrow! The region free kit should be here Monday.

Regards,
Yeah, I bought my third of the exact same Mod Kit on Ebay too. It's the same Mod Kit used on the 103/105 models.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys, this is amazing news. I’m really surprised Oppo is shutting down. Seems the best guess everyone is saying is downloads and the end of physical media is the reason.

I was going to wait a bit before picking up a 4K player as I’m not set up yet. But I’m thinking of just getting one now while I can. I have the Oppo 105 since it was released and it’s been working great! I’ve only done two firmware updates. Haven’t checked recently if any new updates are out but I might check now.

With this news, I’m considering picking up the 205. I bought my 105 from Best Buy but I see they do not carry Oppo anymore after doing a search on their app.

How are you guys buying your players? Direct from Oppo?

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Hey guys, this is amazing news. I’m really surprised Oppo is shutting down. Seems the best guess everyone is saying is downloads and the end of physical media is the reason.

I was going to wait a bit before picking up a 4K player as I’m not set up yet. But I’m thinking of just getting one now while I can. I have the Oppo 105 since it was released and it’s been working great! I’ve only done two firmware updates. Haven’t checked recently if any new updates are out but I might check now.

With this news, I’m considering picking up the 205. I bought my 105 from Best Buy but I see they do not carry Oppo anymore after doing a search on their app.

How are you guys buying your players? Direct from Oppo?

I bought mine directly from Oppo right before the announcement. Build quality is amazing.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, I’m finally going to order a region free kit. Do I need to pay $120 for the 203 kit or can I get the 103/105 kit for $58?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys. I’ll look into ordering direct from Oppo. Oppo is up the freeway from me, but I suspect they don’t actually have stock there.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks guys. I’ll look into ordering direct from Oppo. Oppo is up the freeway from me, but I suspect they don’t actually have stock there.

FYI, the price on Amazon is pretty close to the same, if you have any Amazon credits you want to leverage. That was how I bought my old Oppo 980H DVD player, and how I was planning on buying the 203 before the announcement that they were closing up shop. If you have no Amazon credits, then I think direct from Oppo is a few dollars less expensive, but not by much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks