Opinons wanted on Velodyne FSX12

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis H., Jan 1, 2002.

1. Dennis H.

Dennis H. Auditioning

I want to add a sub for under a grand and I'm considering this one. I'm looking for one that is good with music as well as movies. If you have had considerable experience with this sub I'd appreciate your insights. Are there better options?

2. Vinny Petronio

Vinny Petronio Stunt Coordinator

I have been using the FSX12 now for two years and it has been a very reliable sub the bass is very tight on both music and theater and I would recogmend this sub without any reservations what so ever. [​IMG]

3. Dennis H.

Dennis H. Auditioning

4. Dennis H.

Dennis H. Auditioning

I was hoping to get a few more responses so I'm sending this to Page 1 for another ride. I know more people probably own this sub.

5. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

have you checked audioreview.com for reviews?

6. Michael Roderiques

Michael Roderiques Stunt Coordinator

Dennis The Velodyne FSX-12 Subwoofer is the last of the "F" series subwoofers. A bit dated in design, still a good unit. The unit is servo controlled, 120 watts RMS. This unit is very popular in the audiophile world.

I would not recomend this unit for home theater. For music system, I would say you may not find a better deal.

The FSX-12 just does not have the dynamics needed for good home theater. I would suggest you look into the SPL-1200.

I think you will find that it works very well for music and has the dynamics for home theater.