What's new

opinions wanted (1 Viewer)

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
I'm very close to making a purchasing decision on these 2 units. Rotel 1066/RMB-1075 combo or Pioneer Elite 49txi. Setting price aside as an issue, let's assume they cost the same. Which one would you choose and why? I've listened extensively to both over the past week and I like the sound that each produces. Each has its own set of pros and cons. I haven't found too many threads about the 49txi and haven't really read about any problems with it. I know Elite's run hot, I currently have one. Heat won't be a problem as I have sufficient ventilation. I'm still a bit confused by the Rotel "double bass issue" and it's really the one big thing that's making me lean toward the 49txi right now.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Anybody, Bueller, Bueller.
Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
:)
If you can't decide which one sounds better than go with the one that has more features, IMO. I would usually steer you in the direction of separates but if you think the Pioneer sounds just as good I would go with that because it is a extremely nice receiver. One point to consider though, is that if you go the separates route it will be easier to upgrade in the future because you will already have the amp. Or you could buy the Pioneer and later buy an external amp and have the best of both worlds. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks