What's new

Opinions wanted on Samsung Dynaflat (1 Viewer)

Dennis H.

Auditioning
I'm helping a friend assemble a home theater system and he is leaning towards a Samsung Dynaflat (specifically the TSL3294HF). It seems to be decent TV for the money. I'd love to hear some opinions (good or bad) and suggestions on others to check out in the same price range ($1400). Thanks

JaimelM

Agent
I have seen the dynaflat but I heard so many

horror stories of samsung products and stray away

from them.

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
Dennis:

If you go w/ the Samsung, make sure to get extended warranty from a store that has a good reputaion for not giving warranty holders a hard time.

I too have read of several Samsung problem stories, but a local (great!) experienced (15+ yrs) TV Repair Tech recently tweaked my Panasonic set. I picked his brain on several brands and Samsung was near the bottom of his list. Way bottom.

Hope this helps.

Rich B.

Brian R

Stunt Coordinator
Dennis:

I have had the TSL3294 for a little over a month now and I have been very satisfied with it. It has a very good picture, once adjusted using Video Essentials, the factory presets are terrible. It has 16:9 mode for anamorphic DVDs. The built in line doubler is very good. I don't believe it does 3:2 pull down, but looks very good to me, especially on DVDs. The negatives I have found so far is that it only has one component video in, so if you have a progressive DVD player and a HD receiver you can not hook them both up at the same time without using some sort of external switcher. It also only has one custom picture setting, not one for each input. The geometry out of the box on my set was off. I had to get into the service menu to fix it. So far I have not had any problems that would make me consider returning it, but it has only been a month.

I compared it side by side with a 32" Sony HS series, I felt the picture was slightly better on the Samsung and the price was much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks