1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Howard H, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Howard H

Howard H Auditioning

Question 1: Does anyone have any opinions on the Onyko HTS-650 HTIB? This package includes the TXSR 500 receiver, 5 speakers and 8" sub-woofer. I looked at user reviews from the Circuit City web site and most rated the system excellent.

Question 2: With purchasing some new digital equipment, I'm trying to obtain the best set up for all components and provide the best video and audio. I have a direct TV satellite reciver with optical out and S video, a Toshiba DVD/VCR combo with coax out and S video, the above Onyko receiver (unless the opinions say no), with 2 optical, 1 coax and I think 3 S video hookups, and a JVC 36" stereo TV with S video. These components also have the normal in and out RCA jacks. Would I connect all S videos to the receiver (except the TV) and also each coaxial/optical to their respective component?

Thanks for any help.

2. kandy

kandy Auditioning

The Onkyo's a nice system. See my post on this thread.
    BTW, I'm not sure the receiver is a TXSR 500. They look the same, but the specs differ somewhat. The package w/ the HTB doesn't claim to be a TXSR 500.