What's new

Opinions Please (1 Viewer)

Howard H

Auditioning
Question 1: Does anyone have any opinions on the Onyko HTS-650 HTIB? This package includes the TXSR 500 receiver, 5 speakers and 8" sub-woofer. I looked at user reviews from the Circuit City web site and most rated the system excellent.

Question 2: With purchasing some new digital equipment, I'm trying to obtain the best set up for all components and provide the best video and audio. I have a direct TV satellite reciver with optical out and S video, a Toshiba DVD/VCR combo with coax out and S video, the above Onyko receiver (unless the opinions say no), with 2 optical, 1 coax and I think 3 S video hookups, and a JVC 36" stereo TV with S video. These components also have the normal in and out RCA jacks. Would I connect all S videos to the receiver (except the TV) and also each coaxial/optical to their respective component?

Thanks for any help.

kandy

Auditioning
The Onkyo's a nice system. See my post on this thread.
BTW, I'm not sure the receiver is a TXSR 500. They look the same, but the specs differ somewhat. The package w/ the HTB doesn't claim to be a TXSR 500.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks