What's new

Opinions please...Power amplifiers (1 Viewer)

DanielC

Grip
I am looking at several power amps and would like peoples opinions on them. The Amp will power a slave sub. Has anyone had any experience with Pyle amps? They seem to offer a lot of power for the price. others considered are Crown ce-1000, Crest Audio Vs450, Studiomaster 600E, and audio source. I am trying to find a decent amp for less than $600 or does it really matter for a sub? I have a quality reciever (Denon 2802) but have no experience with power amps. Thanks

Trey Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmmm, an easy one.

Samson S700 would do nicely. with 350 x2 at 4 Ohms.

If you only need a single channel, look at monoblocks like the marantz ma500 or ma700, soundstream M1, and others.

Also look at amps that DJ's would use as since it is for a sub, clean power is all that is necessary. My favorites would be Alesis RA500, QSC amps, and of course crown, mackie and hafler.

Dave George

Stunt Coordinator
shameless plug - I have 3 of the aforementioned soundstream m1s for sale in the hardware for sale forum - at $160 a pop, they come in well under your $600 limit, so you get to use the rest of the money to buy more movies!

Dave

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
Another vote for Soundstream. I'm using the Soundstream M2 THX Mono Block amps (dual monoblock version of the M1) on my 2, 12" subs. They've worked great for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks