What's new

Opinions on yamaha? (1 Viewer)

I'm looking at a Yamaha speaker set that comes with a reciever. The model I'm looking at is YHT340. They are rated at 85 watts per channel, the room these will be installed in is 10x10. Are these powerful enough for the room? What is the sound quality of Yamaha in general? Are these worth buying? Any input would be a great help since I plan on purchasing a system within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks

MichaelPR

Second Unit
John might I suggest a Yamaha RX-V440 receiver and some paradigm speakers....Thats what I'm using and it makes a great setup. They put out a quality product. I've never heard any of the speakers. But I'm happy with my receiver!

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Yeah I have a RXV-440 and I love it. But their home theaters in a box are the best I know of. At least they make decent speakers. I bought my brother the YHT-100 low end system and he loves it. Just go listen to it if you can and see for yourself.

AaronJB

Second Unit
I looked at a Yamaha YHT-300 set once when shopping for a smaller HTIB set-up a little over a year ago. I remember thinking the receiver was very nice feature-wise, but the smallish speakers sounded rather strained (to me) at volumes that didn't seem particularly high.

Luitz

Stunt Coordinator
In my opinion Yamaha recievers or kinda bright sounding.
Maybe its meets a price point for you. But I would try and demo it in your setup and try a Denon, Marantz or Onkyo.
Also Rule of Thumb Buy speakers form a company that only makes speakers. Such as JbL, Polk, Energy, Definitve , Paradim, Canton, Mission, Magnat, Heco, or any other comapny that just makes speakers.

Also when listening to the reciver make sure u use the same speaker setup when trying a different reciever with the same cd or dvd Perferable something you are used to listening to.

Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks