1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on this setup.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Whalen, Oct 12, 2001.

1. Dan Whalen

Dan Whalen Stunt Coordinator

I was at Best Buy tonight looking at some HTIB's. I came across a Philips MX 965 (I think that was the model). It has the center channel and satellites, plus a sub with wOOx technology. I'm not too sure how big the sub is, but it looked like it was only a 4 1/2" or something (really small). Anyway, I started listening to it and this thing was damn impressive. I turned up the volume, but they have their systems on those stupid metal shelves and the whole thing started vibrating before I could see what it could really do. But I did manage to get it up pretty loud and it wasn't distorting or anything and sounded really good (to me anyway [​IMG] ). So, what are all of your opinions on Philips products? Should I look into getting this? They are selling it for $300. Or is there something that would be better for around the same price? Thanks for any input.
    Dan

2. Dan Whalen

Dan Whalen Stunt Coordinator

Where can I find the Kenwood HTIB's at? I didn't see them at Best Buy. Doesn't Sears have them? I've read lots of good things about them, and I would be willing to spend a little more if it is as upgradable as people say it is. Is there anywhere online that I can find it? Thanks.
    Dan

3. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

4. NathanP

NathanP Supporting Actor

I've heard of woox technology...
    It's just a passive radiator..
    Nathan