Opinions on this setup.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Whalen, Oct 12, 2001.

1. Dan Whalen

Dan Whalen Stunt Coordinator

I was at Best Buy tonight looking at some HTIB's. I came across a Philips MX 965 (I think that was the model). It has the center channel and satellites, plus a sub with wOOx technology. I'm not too sure how big the sub is, but it looked like it was only a 4 1/2" or something (really small). Anyway, I started listening to it and this thing was damn impressive. I turned up the volume, but they have their systems on those stupid metal shelves and the whole thing started vibrating before I could see what it could really do. But I did manage to get it up pretty loud and it wasn't distorting or anything and sounded really good (to me anyway [​IMG] ). So, what are all of your opinions on Philips products? Should I look into getting this? They are selling it for $300. Or is there something that would be better for around the same price? Thanks for any input.
    Dan

2. Dan Whalen

Dan Whalen Stunt Coordinator

Where can I find the Kenwood HTIB's at? I didn't see them at Best Buy. Doesn't Sears have them? I've read lots of good things about them, and I would be willing to spend a little more if it is as upgradable as people say it is. Is there anywhere online that I can find it? Thanks.
    Dan

3. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

4. NathanP

NathanP Supporting Actor

I've heard of woox technology...
    It's just a passive radiator..
    Nathan