What's new

Opinions on the Onkyo TX-SR501 vs HK 125 (1 Viewer)

Dean-P

Stunt Coordinator
I've been looking around the net,reading the threads, and researching the prices. I came down to these two based on the opinions of others.
My current reciever is a bottom end JVC 6020, which basically plays well but has no bottom end for bass.(this is based on comparing it to my Luxman L-235)The JVC is bright and cannot light up the bass like the Luxman can.
So I've read that the Onkyo and the HK both have bottom end power. I like the 6.1 on the Onkyo but the HK name brand is where it is at...

Now I would like some opinions on these two recievers...such as eaze of set-up, actual bottom end power (sound) and so forth.:)

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
I have the avr125 and it's a good warm sounding receiver. It doesn't have the Bells and Whistles like DTS, component ins and outs,6.1, A and B speaker outs like the Onkyo but I wanted a receiver more for music so I went with the H/K.
I found the avr125 easy to setup when you read through the manual.
I've read people had problems with the setup of the Onkyo and like the avr125 it doesn't have onscreen programming. I imagine once you figure it out it's OK.
http://reviews.cnet.com/4505-6466_7-...tml?tag=search

larry mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
larry mac
Of course the AV125 has DTS. It also has a lot of bells & whistles compared to my 2 year old $530 Onkyo 575. The digital and s-video in & out options are impressive for a receiver that only cost me $249.

I had no problem setting it up. It is more than adequate for my home theater bedroom experience.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I bought my HK AVR-225 simply because I wanted a little extra power... Although the HK AVR-125 was my original choice.

It's a nice reciever that doesn't have the most bells and whistles but has the quality you want in a product, not to mention it sounds very good. :)

Users who are viewing this thread