Opinions on the Celestion F3 Series speaker's?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alf S, Sep 17, 2001.

1. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    Hey all,
    I was at one of our local A/V shops, and they had several of these 3-way speakers in their open box area for $98 each.
    I listened to a pair they had on the floor and given the set-up, they sounded pretty darn good.
    My wife wants me to get some floor standing speakers (with spikes) to avoid having little fingers tip over my bookshelf Infinity's that are on stands.
    (Two weeks and counting til the big day BTW [​IMG] )
    Anyone actually own a pair of these? If so wha are your thoughts? AudioReview.com has several positive reviews of various other Celestion speakers, but not the F Series.
    Thanks in advance for your input...
    Alfer
    ------------------
    Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at The Enormodome
    Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Club Enormodome

2. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    Well, I took the plunge having read a bit more about these speakers. I bought the F3's and the matching F35 centre speaker. For less than $320 total, I think I got a hell of a deal!
    I listened to the Eagles Hell Freezes DVD and I must say these speakers were quite a step up from my 2-way bookshelf Infinity's. Don't get me wrong, the Infinity's were nice, but I really like the sound of a 3-way speaker.
    p.s. I think I'll be putting my Infinity 2000.1 speakers and CC-1 center channel up for sale if anyone is interested.
    Alfer
    ------------------
    Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at The Enormodome
    Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Club Enormodome