Opinions on the Adcom GTP-760??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew_Ballew, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Andrew_Ballew

Andrew_Ballew Second Unit

Normally I would just do a search of the existing posts instead of asking such a question, but I found very little in this forum regarding the Adcom GTP-760 pre/pro.

I was interested in hearing the opinions of any owners on this apparently very solid sounding pre/pro.

I have a Sherwood Newcastle AVP-9080, which sounds great, but I just cannot anymore deal with the lack of auto detection of sources, and some other little glithes and ergonomic issues.

Anyhow- let me hear your opinions on the Adcom. If I hear good things I might spring for one.

Thanks

Andrew Ballew

2. Andrew_Ballew

TTT-

Anyone???

3. ManojM

ManojM Stunt Coordinator

As far as I have noted there has been very little interest in Adcom products on this forum. They simply do not get discussed, and you will get many recommendations of getting the Outlaw 950 instead. I cannot offer you any info on the GTP-760, as I have not heard it, but the newest unit is the GTP-830 which has matrixed 7.1 processing, 5.1 inputs, and retails for $1200. Perfect Vision gave this unit an excellent review, and felt that it had a very warm, clean sound. They also like the GFA-7400 amp very much also for $1000. The Adcom is clean sounding, very good ergonomically, and fairly well built. It is somewhat limited in its bass management options, as you have to choose from 3 or 4 presets, but they do represent what most people use. Adcom was just acquired by the former owners of California Audio Labs, Klein Technology Group, and hopefully will once again get marketed well and infused with new technologies as they have many of the basics right. Hopefully this helps.

4. Andrew_Ballew

Well- I took the plunge and bought one- we will see.

Thanks

Andrew B.

5. Tom Grooms

Tom Grooms Second Unit

Great, Let us know what you think.

I have owned many Adcom products with much success. I play music (notice I didnt say listen) through the GFP-750 daily. Before that my pre was a GFP-565. Both have been fantastic value's.

Enjoy!

6. ManojM

ManojM Stunt Coordinator

Did you order the 830 or the 760? Once you get it and try it, please let us know what you think.