What's new

Opinions on Sunfire amps wanted (1 Viewer)

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
In particular the cinema grand, and is the mkII version much better ? ..How is it for HT and for music ? any experience with this amp is apreciated..also comparisons to other amps would be great..

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
John

In a test about 5-6 years ago, the Sunfire Cinema Grand easily put out more power than the amps it was compared to. I remember that on the test bench it put out 233 watts per channel with all channels driven simultaneously. None of the other amps even came close to that kind of power. Serious power

If massive power, in a package that doesn't weigh a ton, and doesn't get hot fits, the Sunfire is a good bet.

Although many speaker don't "need" that much power, 200+ watts can make an audible difference in the bass. Then again, with the proliferation of subwoofers, many of us aren't hearing the bass from the mains, instead, they are hearing the sub.

Artie

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Thanks Arthur, I have very demanding NHT 2.9 towers that I like to run on large in stereo sometimes or at least down to 40 hz. It seems with the sunfire either people absolutely love them or hate them. I need to find a facility to listen to one. Im also considering Bryston, citation 7.1, aragon 800x and parasound 200 wattters.

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
Hey John,

There was just another thread on sunfire amps. 2 days ago maybe. Run a search.

Good luck

-rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks