Opinions on Samsung TXL-2791

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dean DeMass, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

Hello all,

I am really considering picking this TV up this weekend. I liked the picture on it and it looked about the same as the WEGA 27fS13. I do prefer the easier acces to the 16x9 squeeze on the Samsung but I am not sure how good it is in the long run. I did a search and can't find any real info on it here at the Forum. Audioreview had nothing on it either. So what are your opinions on it? Should I pick it up or go with the WEGA?

-Dean-

2. Evan Hartnett

Evan Hartnett Stunt Coordinator

There are a few reviews on audio review, they're just in the HDTV section for some reason - http://www.audioreview.com/reviews/H...ct_79873.shtml
    I have this TV and I love it, unfortunately I've only had it for a few weeks so I can't answer any long term reliability questions.

3. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

Thanks for the link Evan.

-Dean-

4. Joel Ostrow

Joel Ostrow Agent

see my post elsewhere in this forum, and at audioreview.com. the samsung is far better than the sony in almost all respects.

5. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I totally agree. I got one yesterday and the geometry is nearly perfect. Great picture and features. The remote isn't great and the menus are a bit confusing but overall I really like this set. It even came with some cables that I was able to use as component cables.

6. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

For those of you who are interested, I ran my set through Avia tonight. It fared well. The only problems were

A red push(I bumped the color down to about 1/3 and that minimized it to about 5%)

Slight bending of horizontal lines at the very bottom of the screen(I only noticed it during the grid pattern and not during normal viewing)

Also my set needs the horizontal size reduced a tad and perhaps the position adjusted as some things on the far right of the screen was being cut off.

Lastly, I had to adjust the tilt to +2(but again this was nothing major and varies on where the set is from what I understand). Overall, I'd say it fared very well. I highly reccomend this set and once Joel gets a hold of the service manual hopefully he can tell me how to adjust those size and position settings. Overall though, I'd give the set a solid A- for overall picture quality and geometry.