Opinions on Samsung TSL2793HF?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brendan B, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Brendan B

Brendan B Extra

Jan 9, 2002
    Due to size restrictions, I can't get anything bigger than 27".. What do you guys think of Samsung and this tv in particular? I am new to TVs btw so help me out please [​IMG]
  2. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Oct 1, 2000
    I can't speak about the particular model, but have a Samsung 40 inch LCD rear projector in the bedroom system for slightly less than a year and am very happy with it. They seem to offer decent quality for the money. I also have their HD tuner for a couple of months and am satisfied. The particular TV you noted is a 4:3 ratio and I am not sure if it will let you experience full HD. My TV although it has an input for HD, will only display 480p. There seemed to be a similar description on their website with the model you mention. True HD will output 720p or 1080i. Not that 480p is bad. So I would check on those items if it is a concern to you. That model also had speakers on the side and although the screen is 27 inches, the width of the TV is almost 34 inches. Many 36 inch TVs are this width so that it width is the size problem of your concern you can get a bigger TV