Opinions on possible audio problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Al.Anderson, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson Cinematographer

Jul 2, 2002
    Before I try anything drastic I was curious if anybody could give me advice on a problem.

My HT is about 1 year old and about 3 weeks ago I noticed about a 25% drop in audio power. That's strictly non-technical; what I mean is where I used to get adequate sound at a setting of '60', I now have to go to'85'.

Is this some sort of burn-in; or is there a common cause?

I confess I haven't rerun my calibation disk for whatever that might uncover. And I'm considering just rewiring -- but that was much more of a nitghmare than I had envisioned the first time around. Both of these are plannd for this weekend -- but if anyone had any pointers inthe right direction I'd really appreciate it.
  2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Jun 3, 1999
    You might want to let us know what components you're using.

Are you noticing these reduced volume levels with all sources (i.e., DVD player, TV, etc.)? Any chance you might have inadvertently turned down the "master volume control" on the receiver's front panel? This will mean you can't raise the volume as high via your remote (following me?).

Tell us about the equipment and about any changes that have occurred during the time you've noticed this problem.