What's new

Opinions on Polk or Klipsch speakers? (1 Viewer)

Mikey_L

Auditioning
I was just curious if some of yous-guys out there have anything positive/negative to say about either Polk or Klipsch speakers? I am contemplating one of these brands to replace my current speaker setup. Right now, I have a sort-of mix-and-match 5.1 speaker setup with some low-end Pioneer and generic speakers and a 5 yr old Polk sub.

Budget-wise, I want to buy good-sounding speakers, but of course, the less I spend, the better. I would say about $700 is the most that I can spare for the moment, at least until I win the lottery... Anyhoo, any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Ron Temple

Stunt Coordinator
The Polk 104 package is a pretty good deal, M40s,30s,CS1 and a Polk sub(sell this) for $700 at Frys and if you buy it on sale they usually throw in a Sony or Onkyo receiver. The Polk Rs for bang for the buck are very hard to beat from Frys. For ~ $250-300 you can get R50s,15s,CS1 or CSi25.
Spend the rest on a nice sub.

If you like Klipsch, then you should probably check out the Bic Acoustech package, it's gotten great reviews and includes the H-100 sub for ~ $800. Very similar design (clone), but there a many fans over on Audioholics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks