Opinions on plasmas

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Chris BN, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Chris BN

Chris BN Auditioning

I am planning to purchase a 50" plasma for my home, and have narrowed my search to a fujitsu (P50XHA40US) vs a panasonic (TH-50PX500). I have read many favorable on-line reviews of the panasonic (regarding better black hues, longer half-life, etc), though there are fewer fujitsu reviews and most are 2-3 years old. The panasonic is considerably cheaper, but I am mainly interested in getting whichever is the better plasma. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks -
    Chris

2. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

Where the Fujitsu really shines is through its processor. (?AVM IIRC) It does the best job of taking lesser input signals and converting to the displays native rate IMO. The warranty is also better than the Panasonic display.

That said, I personally don't think it's worth the substantial increased cost.....and their mounts/stands/etc are overpriced as well.

You'll really have to sit down and look at both in operation to see if the slightly better PQ is worth the extra money to you.

Mort

3. Dick Knisely

Dick Knisely Second Unit

You may well get a different answer for yourself, but I agree with Mort. When I did the research that Panny series couldn't be beat for value.