What's new

Opinions on Plasma tvs? (1 Viewer)

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
Hi all, as you might have seen in other threads, i am close to getting a ws tv. I have just been offered a very very good deal on a Panasonic 90cm plasma screen. I've seen one before and thought they looked nice. Can anyone tell me if they have any downfalls or any good info on them? Thanks

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Make sure that you are not being offered a deal on a non-HD plasma, as a lot of 'sale' items are being offered for this reason. The other issue is to make sure that you are happy with the blacks. Some of the less expensive models do not render blacks very well.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Posting the model number would definitely help us offer ideas/comparisons. Current generation units by Panasonic (and Fujitsu and Pioneer) can provide outstanding images, particularly when calibrated--but many earlier generation units had problems.

90cm--doesn't that translate to about 36" or 37"? So do you mean the Panny model "TH-37PWD5UZ"?

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
yeah it is the TH-37PWD5UZ. From what i've read, its got some super-black technology that sounds good. Does anyone know if they are hard/expensive to repair as i'm not sure if it comes with a warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks