1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Plasma tvs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrettisMckinney, Jan 12, 2003.

1. BrettisMckinney

BrettisMckinney Second Unit

Hi all, as you might have seen in other threads, i am close to getting a ws tv. I have just been offered a very very good deal on a Panasonic 90cm plasma screen. I've seen one before and thought they looked nice. Can anyone tell me if they have any downfalls or any good info on them? Thanks

2. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Make sure that you are not being offered a deal on a non-HD plasma, as a lot of 'sale' items are being offered for this reason. The other issue is to make sure that you are happy with the blacks. Some of the less expensive models do not render blacks very well.

3. Mike Matheson

Mike Matheson Second Unit

Posting the model number would definitely help us offer ideas/comparisons. Current generation units by Panasonic (and Fujitsu and Pioneer) can provide outstanding images, particularly when calibrated--but many earlier generation units had problems.

90cm--doesn't that translate to about 36" or 37"? So do you mean the Panny model "TH-37PWD5UZ"?

4. Donna^Lee

Donna^Lee Auditioning

This web link may help. It takes you to links with info about all tv's mentioned.
    http://www.dba.org.au/templates/file...en_TV_List.doc
    I would find out how much it costs to repair plasma's if your deal does not include a warranty.
    Anybody have any idea on that?
    [​IMG]

5. BrettisMckinney

BrettisMckinney Second Unit

yeah it is the TH-37PWD5UZ. From what i've read, its got some super-black technology that sounds good. Does anyone know if they are hard/expensive to repair as i'm not sure if it comes with a warranty.

6. BruZZi

BruZZi Second Unit