What's new

opinions on paradigm vs klipsch (1 Viewer)

michael-j-w

Auditioning
I would like to hear opinions on Paradigm Studio 60's with the cc-570, adp-470, and servo 15 vs klipsch rf-7 package.
I'm leaning toward the Paradigms because I thought they sounded great and were not as bright. I like the Klipsch but I thought they were too loud. I do watch more movies than music but I thought the Paradigms sounded good with movies as well as music.any opinions will be appreciated

mackie

Supporting Actor
Both are good speakers, but have very different sounds. Pick the one you like best.

There's no wrong or best answer. You might be able to get a good deal on the RF-7s since they're being discontinued in the US.

Dick Boneske

Stunt Coordinator
There should be no shortage of opinions here. As stated above, they are both good speaker systems.

The bottom line, however, is that the Klipsch's sound brighter than most speakers. The Paradigms are very smooth and "laid back" in their sound. I believe the Paradigms are more accurate than Klipsch's.

There will be instances with the Paradigms that will startle you due to their ability to realistically reproduce sound. They will also create less "listener's fatigue" than the Klipsch's.

IMHO, the choice is Paradigms hands down.

mackie

Supporting Actor
I switched from Klipsch to Paradigm, so obviously I prefer the Paradigm sound.

The one area that I think Klipsch RF-7 has an advantage over the Paradigm Studio series is in low level listening. This might not make sense, but to my ear at low listening levels the Klipsch resolve more detail. However, the Paradigms aren't dull by any stretch.

I was at a friends who owns the RF-7s recently and I feel they sound really good and are powerful. The midrange is more forward and you can hear every ounce of detail in the music. It can be tiring over long periods, but if you like LOUD then I feel Klipsch is the way to go.

For me, I like the more relaxed Paradigm sound. It resolves plenty of detail, so I don't feel like I'm missing anything. The midrange is neutral and somewhat recedes into the sound stage. I feel the Paradigms have a wider and deeper sound stage than the horn loaded Klipsch speakers.

This hobby is all about compromise. Most speakers will have areas they both excel in and fall short in. It's up to the individual listener to choose what he likes best.

Dick Boneske

Stunt Coordinator
Speakers may be about compromise, but only in cost, size, and appearance. There is every reason to buy a speaker system that is as accurate as you can find. Since speakers are the weakest link in any sound or home theater system, differences are easily noticed.

If you can, listening to them in your home is the best way to judge. Better yet, if you can, A/B test to compare what you own with what you're thinking about buying. Hooking up two sets of fronts in a stereo pair is a manageable way to do this. Most modern receivers make this very easy by providing A and B speaker outputs. Just be careful to not be influenced by efficiency vs. sound quality.

Good luck!! Let your ears help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks