What's new

Opinions on Panasonic PT53WX42? (1 Viewer)

Calvin_Su

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, the price went back to $1708. I just called Best Buy. Boy am I lucky!

The DVD player - I haven't tried it that much yet. You see, right now I have a horrible Sharp analog 32" TV. It's a terrible model with bad picture and the worst sound. I think I should hold out on judging the dvd player until I get the HD TV on monday.

Calvin_Su

Stunt Coordinator
oops, I screwed up... I didn't get it from Best Buy, BUT that price was there at Best Buy yesterday.

Best Buy charges for delivery and to have someone pick it up when you return it, so that could be $70 if I chose to return it. What I did was drive to Circuit City, where it was being sold for $1800. I had them match Best Buy's price, and at Circuit City they give a free $60 dvd player with the purchase of a tv. I chose to get a more expensive player with $60 off instead.

Jimmy Gonzalez

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info, Calvin.
I called Circuit City and they told me that they can sell the PT53WX42 for $1,499.99 With a free DVD player. I then asked if the DVD player was progressive scan and he said no. So then I asked if I can get 60 bucks off the Panasonic RP62 DVD player and he said he can do that for me.
Needless to say I ran to CC and Picked it up. The final price was 1,621,98 for both TV and DVD player. They are going to deliver it tomorrow between 7:30am and 9:30am.
I am a happy man. I just hope I did not rush my purchase=/
Thanks again, Calvin. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
Guys,

I'm about to (finally) make the leap to a WS rear-projection TV...

This Panny looks like a great deal for me, as I've been looking in the $2,000 range... one question though...

How are the stretch modes on this Panny? The reason I ask is that my watching is about 50-50 on TV/DVDs, so having good stretch modes is important.

The best I've seen so far is on the Sonys and Toshibas, but obviously I'm going to be paying a premium for those brands.

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
I've been eyeing the 47" Panasonic widescreen for a while. This weekend I saw it at Circuit City for $1440 plus free cheap DVD player or no player and $60 off any additional purchase. I asked about taking the $60 off the price of the TV, but got a big fat no. They said the price is good through 11/31.

I'm considering purchasing but if I can I'd like to get a reasonably priced extended warranty. I forgot to ask the Circuit City guy, but their website says $350 for 4 years. Ouch!

Ultimate Electronics has this TV for $1465 but they claim they'll price match CC for 110% of the difference. No free DVD player but they have extended warrantys that are $120 for 3 years and $180 for 5 years. $40 delivery charge. $120 for a 3 year warranty sounds reasonable to me ... whaddaya think? Is this a smart thing to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks